> Pooh Bridge
One of the most famous landmarks on The Forest, Pooh Bridge was restored in 1979 by the National Westminster Bank and DLS Ltd., for East Sussex County Council. So popular is the game of ‘Poohsticks’ that the surrounding area has been denuded of twigs and small branches by the thousands of visitors to the site. In the latter part of 1999 the bridge was totally rebuilt - funded by public donations, the East Sussex County Council and The Countryside Commission. An approach to The Disney Foundation for contributions caused great disquiet among the local people who wanted to keep their famous bridge ‘British’. The original bridge was built in 1907 by J.C. Osman.